Correct, I am a dork

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Google Image search to get a whole lot more picturesque

I'm really looking forward to the outcome of this research into enabling users to search the Internet for images....using actual images, not "search terms".
For example, if I wanted to identify a famous painting I knew nothing about, I would upload my picture into the search engine, rather than try to explain the painting in key terms.

The next thing on my list for Google to invent is a similar search engine for music. I'd love to be able to hum something into the computer and Google to come up with suggestions as to what I'm humming. And it would also settle debates on, "you stole that song from _______", "your new song's such a rip off of _____". Maybe the Chili Peppers could use it.

3 comments:

emma marie said...

Humming a song into the computer... Now THAT is a brilliant idea! Last week my friend and i were desperately trying to find the name of a band but all we had in our minds were a few random snippets of lyrics. It was painful! We tried and we tried but alas to no avail. Google failed us. GOOGLE FAILED US! I couldn't believe it! ...although perhaps to be fair to my good mate google...our patience only got us to page 4 of the results before we screamed obscenities and walked away. I wonder if it actually would ever be possible to hum into your computer and have it decipher your morse code? I guess go. Anything is possible these days.

Anonymous said...

Google is definitely king. Check out my recent blog post at : http://hansua.blogspot.com/2008/05/will-googles-friendconnect-breaks-down.html

Google. Please let me work for you!

Lucyfdc said...

Maybe one day we can talk into the computer and Google will tell us who we are ... just in case we had forgotten.

Ok actually it would be pretty cool to be able to hum into the computer and for google to tell us what song it is, but I am worried about my physical being. I am already at a computer so many hours of the day doing uni work that if people develop anymore capabilities for the internet I may become a part of my computer chair.

That is why I have never been game enough to try out any MMPORGs such as Everquest, because I seriously think that I would become addicted, and that my guinea pigs would become "Everquest ginea-widows". I better go see them.